Wearing a bowtie is optional for dining on this restaurant-quality chicken pasta. You’ve got dinner in the bag in just 25 minutes.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MIN, TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN, MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
- 250 g farfalle
- 450 g chicken tenders
- 450 g asparagus , ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 leeks , halved lengthwise and chopped
- ¾ cup 10% cream
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill , optional
- Preheat oven to 425F, then line a baking sheet with foil.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta following package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining.
- Place chicken and asparagus on prepared sheet. Toss with 1 tbsp oil and ¼ tsp salt. Roast until asparagus is tender-crisp and chicken is no longer pink, 10 to 12 min.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium. Cook leeks, stirring frequently, until soft, 8 min. Pour in cream and bring to a simmer, 2 min. Stir in Parmesan and remaining ¾ tsp salt. Add pasta and reserved pasta water.
- Coarsely chop chicken and asparagus, then transfer, along with any pan juices, to pasta. Add dill, tossing to combine.
Cut leeks in half lengthwise and then rinse under running water to remove any dirt.
Nutrition (per serving)
CALORIES: 437, PROTEIN: 32 G, CARBOHYDRATES: 39 G, FAT: 17 G, FIBRE: 3 G, SODIUM: 895 MG